Moving to Quebéc we were prepared that we would encounter language, religious, and political issues that could get heated and divisive.
But here we are in Gatineau Quebéc, 15 minutes from Parliament Hill where every ‘belief and ideology’ found its way here to speak out for its cause. Never a dull moment. 🙂
- Our Father in Heaven has helped us all! Father God is so firmly in charge at all times we need not fear “what shall man do unto me.” (Heb 13:6)
- Salvation among New Testament believers, or revivals in the past, were never affected by the politics of the day.
- We also praise God for the Freedom in our country to share the gospel with anyone on the street, in parliament, at the rink, at home, or at church.
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Saviour, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.”
1 Timothy 2:1-4 NIV
- Being thankful for our leaders does not imply that we agree with all decisions made. We know in New Testament days the Roman government was corrupt, cruel, and dictatorial, which begs the question: who of us as Christ-followers could fully agree with all decisions made by non-Christ-following leaders anyway?
- Several months ago our son-in-law, Guy, a policeman, wrote a prayer in French for his fellow team members. The idea caught Pastor Ken’s attention in Texas who then got the attention of his senior pastor who called his friend, the founder of Shields of Strength. Soon a military-type ‘dog tag’ was made and 500 were donated with this prayer designed for all Francophone officers in uniform. Nothing before has existed in French. We are now giving them out to French-speaking officers.
- Micheline died of cancer before Christmas 2021—over 5 years we watched her change from a hardened atheist and new age practitioner to just days before she died, praying with us, pointing heavenward to say ”we’re not alone” as a tear ran down her cheek.
- We’re convinced The Lord knows who belongs to Him. Robert (partner of Micheline) recently spent hours talking with us, shedding tears about painful things he has never spoken of in nearly 70 years. Matters of faith came up here and there as well as his atheistic views, former occultic practices, plus hatred for the Catholic church BUT he listened. Pray the Holy Spirit continues to reveal the thoughts and intents of his heart.
- The Coup d’etat in Burkina Faso on January 24 confirmed again that the Lungrens and myself heard the Lord in making the right decision to not travel there. Omicron was also creating travel complications to visit other countries as well. Pray that Burkina Faso will elect a strong democratic leader which is the desire even of the military and general population.
- Pray for Johnny in Nunavik whose life has been threatened. Prayer for wife Vanessa, Johnny Jr., and Leo during this upsetting and fearful time.
- Glenn (Gatineau) continues to reach out to Jesus for strength as a new babe in Christ (November 2021). Pray for him as he proceeds to deal with the legal details of his mother-in-law’s passing, that he will lean on Jesus to help calm the anger and bitterness of the three remaining sisters who continue to mistrust and attack each other.
- Pray for me also as I mediate for the family…and dodge the resentments that overflow to anyone nearby.
- A few days ago, Jim, a dear cousin (68) succumbed to Covid-19 in Abbotsford B.C. So thankful he knew the Lord. We’ve had 5 friends and family die as a result of the virus and several who are in recovery.
- Please trust with us again that every financial need will be met for 2022.
Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.
Hebrews 12:14-15 NIV
Love and Prayers,