We were thankful to be able to travel back to Canada this summer and to visit friends and family that we have not seen in such a long time. It was so great to be able to connect with so many of you! In roughly 3 months, we travelled over 23,000 km, spoke somewhere different almost every Sunday, and were able to participate in 3 different summer family camps. Despite how busy we were travelling and ministering, we did feel so refreshed and were thankful to worship together with other believers.
After arriving back in the Middle East, we have been busy setting up and hosting new workers for life and ministry here. It has been a stretching time, but we are thankful that all of the pieces fell into place for their language lessons, their home, and hopefully now their residency permits.
One of our highlights of ministry this since returning has been with the new believers and seekers that we are working with.
Not long ago, Dave met with a guy that he has been messaging and talking with for the last couple of months. He had expressed curiosity about Christianity and finally requested a meeting to study together, ask questions, etc. After spending many years searching for truth, the guy clearly articulated that now he is a believer and desires to follow Jesus. Amazing!
The last couple of months have proven to be a very busy season for our family, yet despite the busyness, we have seen threads of grace woven throughout our lives.
One of the highlights of our summer season was J choosing to be baptized! It was an honor and privilege to be part of his baptism, and we were so thankful that Uncle Peter, Auntie Shauna, and cousins were able to be part of his special day too.
Dave is continuing to coach ice hockey here, friendships are growing, and we are enjoying the last little bit of fall before we move into the Christmas season.
- The new workers that we have welcomed—we have prayed for more workers for a long time, and we are thankful that the Lord has sent them!
- All the new open doors for ministry and the growth that is happening with our follow-ups. Especially the man who has recently come to faith!
- We are really thankful that we don’t have to move—we were able to negotiate with our landlord for another year in this apartment.
- The great summer we had in Canada with friends and family, as well as all of our safe travels.
Our Prayer Requests
- The anointing of the Holy Spirit as we share both our testimonies and the gospel. Please pray for hearts to be softened and eyes opened to the good news of Jesus Christ.
- The new believers that are growing in the Lord—and us too as we try to faithfully love and disciple them.
- God’s hand of protection over our family, especially Erin’s health in this season.
Many blessings to you and yours!
Lots of love,