Obeying God doesn’t mean things will be easy or happen in our timing! France now outsources their visa application process to private companies. The problem is that some of them may prioritize visa-seekers who pay bribes. We started trying to book our visa interview well before leaving Quebec in June because a booking is required first in order to submit an application.
We planned to report and raise support out west throughout July anyway, so we aimed for an early July interview in Vancouver. We didn’t get an appointment until July 25! The 15 -30 business day processing time after the interview meant we had to modify our flight to France twice. And with our passports in the consulate’s hands, we couldn’t use the time to visit Shoreline Church in Seattle or our kids and grandchildren in Virginia. Finally, we left things in God’s hands and used the prolonged stay to connect with family, supporters, and friends in BC.
❖ One of our Quebec disciples is now settled in the Middle East to work among unreached people groups!
❖ The high cost of rebooking flights in August forced us to wait until September, giving us a longer visit with our kids in Virginia than originally hoped for.
❖ Our support level steadily increased over the summer and is close to our target.
❖ We arrived in France exhausted, but on time and with ALL five suitcases and our two bicycles!
❖ A mission recruiter in France just signed up to take an online Kairos Course from Canada that we’re helping facilitate!
Prayer focuses over the next 4 months:
- For a French bank account. Our application is taking longer than normal because the bank’s IT system is conflicted between Lauren’s maiden name (required in France) and her married name on her passport. And a local bank account is necessary for everything here—from phone plans to residency papers, etc!
- For increased team vision and growth as we travel, connect, pray, and strategize with current teammates and prospective ones across the country.
- For effectiveness as we help facilitate a Canadian online Kairos Course and walk our France team through additional training.
- For accelerated acceptance of Simply Mobilizing France by the National Evangelical Fellowship.
- For divine partnerships with mission organizations, mission recruiters, and ministry training centers.
- For many doors to be opened by pastors and churches.
Thanks so much for your care and prayer! We realized yet again, how special God’s family is and just how personally blessed we are by you.